Bringing parents and teens together with too-real stories and proven parenting skills that foster closeness
Palmer is a certified youth success coach. Kerry, a licensed marriage and family therapist. They are true experts in parent-teen relationships.
Together they bring a unique perspective as a mother and son who walked through some exceptionally tough teen years and found their way back to a close connection and their meaningful work at The Connected Family.
Creating Real Connection Between Parents and Teens
Kind Words From Changed Families
Had the honor of being invited to speak at the IFTA conference two times on the youth suicide research they conducted
Featured in a CNN article to share how their relationship went from disconnection to connection during the teen years
Spoke to the CCSD Parent Information Network on how to create close, connected parent-teen relationships
Spoke on how to parent from the inside out and show up well and with love for your family
Co-authored an article for the Family Therapy Magazine called "Making Social Justice Stick"
What We Are Experts In
Palmer and Kerry help families find connection, give parents the tools they need to show up well for their kids AND themselves, and provide mental health support to parents and teens
- Kerry is a licensed marriage and family therapist, parentologist and parent coach who has worked with over 800 families
- Palmer is a certified student coach who works with tweens and teens every day and hears their pain points. He is also a marriage and family therapy graduate candidate at Northwestern University
- Conducted research on family relationships and youth suicide that was asked to be shared at the International Family Therapy Association conference in Switzerland
- Provide families with research-backed insights on the impact family relationships can have on youth suicide
- Share tools to engage in meaningful conversation with family and peers about mental health
- Provide hope for teens and parents who have been impacted by mental health and suicide
Breakout Sessions, Workshops, Guided Discussion Groups And More…
Meet Kerry and Palmer
We may look like a sweet mother-son duo now, but it wasn’t always pretty during Palmer’s teen years. You’ll hear more about that, but first here’s a bit about us.
Hi there! I’m a 25-year-old Teen Success Coach who attends Northwestern University’s Graduate School of Marriage and Family Therapy. And I have to tell you a little secret.
What Tweens and Teens Are Saying About Kerry and Palmer
We would love to present at your next event
Whether you need a short presentation or an in-depth workshop for parents and teens of any length, please reach out to start the conversation.
Fill out this form and bring Kerry and Palmer to your next event! They’ll have your audience roaring with relatable laughter, tearing up at the tough, vulnerable parts, AND taking home actionable steps for getting closer to their teenager.
They’ve made it their life’s work to help families find deeper connections. And we know your audience will feel that love and drive they have towards creating happier families.